Terms and Conditions:
1. The Contest is sponsored and administered by the Sponsors.
2. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsors reserve the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify the Contest in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
3. Eligibility. Individuals who are employees, officers or directors of the Sponsors, or their affiliates and subsidiaries, and such individuals' children, parents, spouses, and members of their household are ineligible to participate. Entry into the Contest is subject to the Sponsors’ approval in their sole discretion and the Sponsors reserve the right to refuse applications.
4. Selection of winner. There will a jury to select the winners which will consist of individuals selected by the Sponsors. The jury will judge on predefined criteria established by the Sponsors for the winning designs.
5. Notification of winners. Contest winners will be notified by Cadence via email. All decisions are final and binding. Sponsors are not responsible for and will not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners. The names of prize winners may be posted at www.cadence.com and any other media platform at the Sponsors’ discretion and subject to applicable law.
6. Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
7. Other conditions. Sponsors, their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors (collectively, “Organizing Parties”) are not responsible for and will not be liable for: (I) late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, or unintelligible entries; (II) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (III) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Contest or from participation in the Contest; (IV) any failure of the website during the Contest period, including any telephone problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, soft-ware, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of traffic congestion on the internet or at the website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material related to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest; or (V) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Contest.
8. Contestants agree that the Sponsors may disclose any design or other materials pro-vided by Contestants to any party as the Sponsors consider is required to operate and administer the Contest.
9. Contestants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsors and their respective employees may utilize for any purpose any Residual Information received from Contestants resulting from organizing the Contest or having access to designs and other materials provided by Contestants. “Residual Information” means information in the non-tangible form of generic knowledge and know-how that is or may be retained by per-sons who have organized the Contest.
10. Indemnification. You agree to release and hold the Organizing Parties harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, taxes, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, use or misuse of any prize, defamation or invasion of privacy. Parties expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the
delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded. Sponsors make no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prizes awarded.
11. Resolution of disputes. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest you agree that (I) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest San Jose, CA; (II) the Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (III) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. You waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the Contest), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at the time of en-try. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
12. Each Sponsor is a separate entity and no Sponsor shall be liable for any act or omission of any other Sponsor in connection with this Contest.
14. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULL-EST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to California choice of law rules.