Vectron International, a leader in the design and manufacture of Precision Oscillators and Timing Solutions for Communication, Industrial, Military and Space applications, today announced its next generation MEMS–based oscillators. The new VM-702, VM-802, and VM-822 product series have LVDS, LVPECL and HCSL output options with an expanded frequency range to 460 MHz.
"Our new MEMS clock family complements our existing product portfolio of ultra low jitter oscillators by providing designers with the flexibility the market is demanding, with excellent frequency stability and jitter performance", said Mario Saucedo Director of Vectron International MEMS clock products. "This new product family improves the jitter performance of our existing MEMS product base by a factor of 2, and offers excellent power supply noise immunity and PECL, LVDS and HCSL outputs. These are key parameters that our customers have been asking for".
The VM-702, VM-802 and VM-822 compensation algorithm has been enhanced to optimize the frequency vs. temperature performance offering a 2x improvement in temperature stability over earlier models. Today's market is demanding flexibility in the supply chain and the MEMS clocks programmability allows for reduced lead time and liability to our customers.
Specific features of Vectron's MEMS include:
- Delivery times as short as 2 weeks
- Availability in any combination of LVPEL, LVDS and HCSL outputs
- ± 10ppm frequency stability over -10°C to +70ºC
- ± 15ppm frequency stability over -40°C to +85°C
- Frequency range from 10 MHz to 460 MHz
- Peak to peak period jitter <35 ps
- Small industry standard packages.
- VM-702 7 x 5.0 x 0.87 mm QFN package
- VM-802 5 x 3.2 x 0.87 mm QFN package
- VM-822 3.2 x 2.5 x 0.87 mm QFN package
In addition to the MEMS, Vectron also offers custom high precision timing solutions, along with innovative clock path technology including OCXOs TCXOs, XOs VCXOs, VCSOs and jitter attenuators that provide ultra low jitter timing solutions.